Your health is one of your most important assets. At Legacy Bank we recognize the importance of saving for your health care needs. Health Savings Accounts, or HSA’s as they are commonly known, are special accounts that allow tax advantages for those with qualified high deductible health plans (HDHP). HSA’s act like IRA’s to help cover out-of-pocket medical expenses for the account owner and/or dependents. Legacy Bank can help you set up an HSA for yourself and your employees. They are simple, straight-forward and easy! Let Legacy Bank get your account started today!
- Contributions that are excluded from taxable income
- Earnings that are tax-deferred
- HSA medical spending that is never taxed
- Retirement Usage: At 65 the account may be used for retirement but may be subject to income tax if not spent on medical expenses.
- Assigned beneficiaries in the event of the death of the HSA owner
- Accounts that roll over from year-to-year
- Contributions allowance at any time prior to filling out individual tax returns